Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Keep Fighting

Series: 3) Why Is Preaching Worth Fighting For?
The Responsibilities of the Church: Preaching

What should the pastor of your church - or any Christian church - be best known for? What's the most important thing he can bring to your congregation? Take an important step to evaluating the health of your church today on Grace to You with John MacArthur. LISTEN NOW

When I saw the question in the description of this installment of John MacArthur's series, one popular pastor in the evangelical church came to mind. One pastor that is not known for his preaching but known for the controversial, pragmatic, often worldly and off-color content of his preaching/teaching style.

Last week this subject came up in discussion and the question put to me was "what is YOUR pastor known for?" In my own circumstances, my pastor IS known for his dedication to rightly dividing the word of God. I have talked to several people (and know of even more) that have come to my church because they had heard of my pastor's preaching and wanted to be under a serious, solid teacher of the word. Our family is incredibly blessed to be under his teaching and preaching.

I can't recommend this series more highly.