Monday, December 17, 2007

Tests We Fail

Not long ago I was having a conversation with my dearest friend about how God tests us. In particular, the way He does it when we seem to be comfortable with "where we are" in a certain area or on a certain topic. It's quite often those times when He orchestrates events that will allow us to see just how much more we have to learn, about the subject and/or about ourselves.

In a matter of less than 30 minutes today, several of those tests came flying at me with warp speed and I am sad to say I think I failed them all. With a sting in my eyes and a lump in my throat I can honestly say that I have so far to go toward becoming the Christian I read about in Holy Scripture.

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. (1Cor.10:12)

That's a hard verse to get ahold of. You think you're okay, then find out you're not, and often it's in the finding out you're not, that's so humiliating. But that's where we grow, right?

As for me, I'll stick to doing laundry and baking. Two things I do a lot of, and do well. I hope typing that doesn't mean my cookies will burn and my washer will die.