Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Parental Discretion Advised

If you were wondering what all the hoo-haa is about over The Golden Compass, and/or if you should see it or let your kids see it, then you really should take the time to read this. It's a very well balanced review from a Christian perspective.

I'd never heard of the author of the books from which the movie was made, but when I first saw the preview I thought "hey, fantastic special FX!" I love special FX, so that's what caught my attention and what will likely catch the attention of many others. Once I heard about the not so subtle anti-God agenda of the author of the books, however, I had to back up that truck and seriously reconsider our family movie night options as it pertains to this flick.

It's hard enough to find good movies the whole family can enjoy. Based on all I have read so far from those who have see the pre-screenings of this one (and who've read the books), this is definitely not one of them, and will not be on our "to rent" list when the dvd comes out.