Monday, December 3, 2007

Nutty Weather

If ever there was a time I'm grateful that most of my family is on the internet (and able to communicate with each other in real time, for free), it's during times like this. While we're busy having our first major winter storm of the season (we're now on day 2 of being iced in), my gma, mom, sister and extended family are in the middle of one of the worst flooding episodes western Washington has seen in many years. When my sister emailed me earlier to tell me mom's roads were closed and that she wouldn't be able to get home today so she'd be staying with my gma tonight, I had no idea the flooding was AS bad as it was, until I checked out King5 news in Seattle. Two of the counties hit the worst today were the counties my mom and gma live in.

It's been six years since I've been home, but this is where I grew up and those pictures are just surreal to me. I know those roads, those bridges, and those street names - and to see them in that condition is just a little overwhelming.

If our crazy winds ever stop, I'll go outside tomorrow and try to get some pictures of our first winter storm's aftermath.