Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Fudge

I really meant to try to include this in Rebecca's Recipe Roundup, but one thing after another kept popping up and I was too late. You be sure and get over there and check out her post with all the yummilicious contributions. You'll be glad (and 20 pounds heavier) you did!

Mummymac has requested my most foolproof fudge recipe. I have so many different kinds of fudge recipes, I scare myself. This is a variation of a more popular recipe - simply because I cannot ever leave well enough alone, and MUST tweak all recipes to make them better (but it's so easy that even if you've never made fudge before, you wont have any trouble with this one):

3 c. chocolate chips (dark, semi-sweet, milk, white, your choice)
1 300ml can condensed milk
1 t. flavoring (vanilla, almond, peppermint, maple, rum, orange, etc.)
(optional: 1/2 c. chopped nuts, raisins, dried cranberries, crushed candy cane pieces)

Melt chips & milk together, then quickly stir in the flavoring and any optional ingredient (it begins to thicken quickly) and press into a 8x8 wax paper lined pan. Let set, then cut into 1 inch squares. Keep stored in an airtight container.

Personal favorite blends:

dark chocolate & almond flavoring - no nuts
white chocolate, maple or rum flavoring & raisins
milk chocolate, orange flavoring & dried cranberries