Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankful For: Singing Kids

Our church had a hymn sing on Sunday night and Rachel (8) and Samuel (7) contributed with their acapella version of O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing. I videotaped them but somewhere between taping and converting, the file went pfffft and became corrupted. They did a really good job and we were so proud to see them stand in front of the church and sing out one of the greatest old hymns.


I had them sing it one more time so I could tape them again today, and it worked. You can see them here. They looked a lot more "formal" Sunday night, but here they are in their everyday duds and in our messy classroom/game room.


I'm thankful that they enjoy singing and learning the old hymns. Thankful that when they heard about the hymn sing they really wanted to be part of it. Thankful that it blessed the folks in my church to hear them. It was a really wonderful time, even though Kev was sick and had to step out for the last half of the program. I'm really hoping we have another one very soon. Ruth wants to sing next time.