Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thankful For: Lots O Stuff

I had several things on my mind this morning to blog about in the thankful category, and I couldn't settle on one. Therefore, I'll post them all. In no particular order:

Junior Mints"Junior Mints... they're very refreshing" - Cosmo Kramer

Don't act like you don't know who Cosmo is!

Okay, on to more important things:

Modern conveniences. We have a portable dishwasher - her name is Jessica. We also have A/C, and we call it "fan". We might not have a lot of the more modern conveniences, but we do have such things as a washer & dryer, fridge, stove, microwave & internet. We've lived so long with these things that it's hard to imagine life without them (yet the vast majority of the world's population does it every day). Most of the summer and fall last year I did go without a dryer, and while that was definitely no fun, I did adapt and we got by just fine. I'm just really glad when I don't have to adapt.

Opportunities to create. I'm working on a new project that I'm enjoying very much (aside from the videos I've been creating). I'm not sure what would happen if I were unable to create. I might spontaneously combust, or wake up one morning looking like Richard Nixon. I think I'd prefer the former over the latter.

Off the wall compliments. See here:


cash advance

The way this is an off the wall compliment is in the fact that I never even finished highschool - and yet I'm the one writing the alleged college (postgrad) material at this blog. I don't know what the criteria is that these folks use to determine all this business, but I'll take it! Highschool for me was a bad scene, so I bailed out after week 2 of my senior year and went to the community college for GED classes. Took the classes for 2 months, took my 5 tests a week before my 18th birthday and passed with flying colors. So, there ya go.

Brothers in Christ who are also leaders in their local churches who have a genuine reverance for our Heavenly Father, know how to rightly divide the word and defend the faith against false teaching. For more info on that, don't miss THIS.

Last but not least: naps. I'd snap if I didn't get my afternoon break each day. No one wants that.