Monday, September 10, 2007

My Christmas/Birthday Wishlist

Dear Family Members that read my blog...

You all know me. You know what I like, what I use, what I don't like, what I will never use, and what gets stuffed in box in the closet. You know what I wear, what I would never wear in a million years, and all that good stuff about those you shop for.

With my birthday only 3 months and 2 days away (early shoppers are smart shoppers, remember this!) and then Christmas only 13 days after that, I thought it might be prudent to share with you my wish list. For my birthday you all get me the same thing every year and I love those things and don't want you to stop doing that. Soon my miniature Christmas village will be so huge, we'll have to add a new room for it. It's pretty close to being there now.

But there's something this year that I really really really (can I add one more really? Really??) want, and desperately need. I'm telling you all, it will change everything! I'll be happy & chipper all the day long, I'll skip through the house like what's her face in The Sound of Music, and while preparing a meal I might even let the kids in the kitchen. Okay that might be pushing things since my kitchen is my refuge at meal preparation time... but it's entirely possible since this 1 item will seriously change the mom/wife/sister/daughter you all know me to be, for the better! One of you will have to design a "new and improved!" t-shirt for me, I just know it.



Carla's New Happy Feet Footwear?!?Okay, enough grovelling already. Here's what I want. See that? It's a pair of POLYPROPYLENE THERMAL INSULATED HUNTING SOCKS. No, I did not make that up. I wouldn't even know where to begin to make up Polly's Propane socks, I just know they're supposed to keep your tootsies nice and toasty. Come on now, you all know how I freeze half to death in this frozen Canadian tundra (or the game room, or kitchen) and how I've been saying for years, that this is what I need. I would be THE happiest gift recipient you've ever shopped for, if you all bought me a pair. I'm thinking, if I had 4-5 pairs of these, I'd be good to go from about... hmm... NOW, through May.


So there ya have it. This is all I want. Polly's Propane socks. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find out what a cheerful person I really am, with warm feet. It's really a win/win here, plus they're a cheap gift. Everyone will be happy.

That is all. Carry on...

(today's post brought to you by a high of COLD and by feet so cold all feeling in the toes, has left the building...)