Saturday, September 22, 2007

Movie Night

We Are MarshallLast night we watched We Are Marshall. For those of you that are not aware of this movie, it's a true story that took place in the fall of 1970. When a plane crash took the lives of 97% of the Marshall University football team, the school and the community embark on a painful effort to rebuild.

Until Kevin told me about it, I wouldn't have known anything of it. Since I was only 5 years old when it happened and do not follow college ball, I would have never known a thing about it, had it not been for this movie.

For those of you that face the same problem we do in finding decent movies to rent or own that are not filled with filthy language or lewd scenes, I'm going to recommend this one. There are a couple of words here and there (said in sheer torment and grief) but overall this movie will touch your heart and might even make you cry in a few spots. Even if you're not a football fan (and I'm not) you will find yourself pulling for Marshall.

I don't recommend the movie for kids, but for the older kids (teens) and grown ups, this is a good movie that will make you glad you watched it.