Friday, August 10, 2007

Three for the Price of One

It's been a while since I've done Friday BlogFodder & the Friday Funnies, so along with the Friday Photo - that's whats on the menu today. A veritable Friday Feast of Fun. Before I get to that however, I'd like to do a little wrap up of the week:


- I'm just about done with the first chapter of the new faerie book. It's all very exciting... if you happen to be a little girl between the ages of 6 and 10, love faeries and adventure. I have so much fun writing this way.


- Kev took a day off & went to the ER yesterday with big time ear pain. They say it's only fluid build up and no infection - yet. He's on medication now to clear it up and prevent infection, but he's still miserable so your prayers for him would sure be appreciated.

- The store's weekly newsletter is now both online and in your email inbox if you're a subscriber. Yes that's me in the featured design ad, and yes I do actually walk around with that expression on my face all the time. (*snort)
And now, this...

_________________________

Friday Funnies

Both of these came in email yesterday - one from my mom, the other from Kev's mom. We have very funny moms:

Friday Funnies to make you go HA!


Views on Aging

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life . . you become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony. YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I Was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!" May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

--------

Authority

A cocky U.S. Department of Agriculture representative stopped at a farm and talked with an old farmer. He told the farmer, "I need to inspect your farm." The old farmer said, "OK, but don't go in that field right over yonder."

The Agriculture representative said, "Mister, I have the authority of theUnited States Government with me. See this card? The card means I am allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any agricultural land. No questions asked or answered. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand!"The farmer nodded politely and went about his farm chores.

Later, the farmer heard loud screams and saw the Agriculture Rep running for the fence and close behind was the farmer's huge-horned prize bull. The bull was gaining on the Agriculture Rep with every step. The Rep was clearly terrified, so farmer immediately threw down his tools, ran to thefence and shouted out.....

"Your card! Your card! Show him your card!"

_________________________

Friday Photo

Jordan's Friend

This little guy landed on Jordan the other day and didn't want to leave. For 10 minutes or so he walked around on her hand making himself right at home. Click the pic for a larger view.

_________________________

Good stuff that requires healthy brain cellsFriday BlogFodder

Mom always said don't run with a pencil in your hand.

God’s High Calling for Women - you really ought to read this.

And I thought I had a prolem with "highwater" pants. They grow 'em big in the Ukraine.

Looking for some good preaching? Look no further than brother Audey right here. You'll be blessed.

Let's nitpick over words, shall we? (Oh yes, we shall)

This looks like a fun meme, I think I'll do this one.

And... that's that.