Monday, August 6, 2007

Return of the faeries

This evening while doing some work in my faerie garden, I decided it was time to install another pond. This time, it'll be a little one right inside the faerie garden. A miniature version of the one across the yard and it shouldn't take more than a day to do it. The bonus is, the birds are going to love it.

As I was digging the pond location, a new idea came to me for the sequel to my first children's book. I've had quite a few people ask me if this is a series or if there is a sequel coming, and I've had a sequel in mind for a while now but this new idea simply blew the previous one out of the water.

It came at a pretty interesting time also. Just recently, the first book was requested for the children's section at a city library in the state of Kansas. How fun is that? I was stunned when I heard the librarian wanted it. I wasn't really planning a sequel any time soon, but the more I thought about the new idea, the more I really liked it.

So, I plan to start the sequel tomorrow.