Saturday, August 25, 2007

Goin' to the Fair

Last night we did something we've never been able to do before. We rounded up the kids and took them all to the county fair & d-derby! We had an absolute blast, aside from the fact there was a 4 yr old with us that found all sorts of things to complain about. Ahem.

In any event... it was loads of fun. One of the rides Rachel wanted to go on was a little scary for her to go alone so I went with her. The way it's designed it goes so fast that it pulls you toward the right side of the car through the whole ride. I sat on that side of the car and it indeed pulled me and pulled Rachel too so I was pinned to the side of the car and will have a lovely and very large bruise on my leg. It was so worth it, I'd do it again today if I could!

Cotton Candy Kids at the D-DerbyGrowing up, it was an annual tradition to attend the county fair and d-derby, and I aquired the d-derby bug very early on. Someone once told me that only genuine rednecks get excited to see cars crash & love the smell of exhuast fumes & burnt rubber. To which I say, bring it on! If that makes me a redneck, I'm all for it. The kids had not only never been to a fair, but they'd never seen a d-derby either, and never had cotton candy - so for them, it was a dream come true.

It was so much fun, and hearing Samuel say "this is the best day ever of my life!" was just precious.

You can see more pics here.