Monday, June 11, 2007

Sunny Days, Birthdays, Cupcakes & Winners!

Well, today started off exactly the way the first official day of summer vacation should start. First, I rolled out of bed at 8:33. That almost never happens, but when it does, it should be on day #1 of summer vacation.


sunny, sunny, sunny, sunny and... sunny

After collecting a cup of coffee & turning on my pc, I find this at the weather page. This is exactly the weather forecast you want, for week #1 of summer vacation.

Sunny, highs in the mid to upper 80's all week. Kay!!

Then, while enjoying the feeling that all is right with the world (RolfeWorld at least, and for that moment) I found that our second worst procrastinator in this house (and that is not me, I'm #3) who also happens to be one of our judges in the BEST DAD EVER giveaway contest, had read all the printed entries, given her score on each one, and had them waiting on my desk for me.

How's that for service?

The winners in the contest have been notified, and after they've confirmed their prize choices, I'll be posting all the entries for your reading enjoyment. It was really good to read about so many BEST DADS, and the impact they have on their children's lives.

Happy Birthday PhilAnd now... I need to mow the badminton court. We missed last week's mowing due to rain, and now it's more like a badminton jungle. This should be fun.

Have a great Monday, and don't forget to go wish this guy a very happy birthday. I doubt Frank brought enough cupcakes for the whole class (that Frank, I'm tellin' ya...), but you can still send your birthday greetings all the same.

He's been a blessing and an encouragement to so many people for so many years, and we're glad to call him brother, and friend.

Plus, he's got a pretty snazzy crown, eh?