Like many other bloggers (I will assume), I have quite a few blogs on my bloglines that I skim through each day. All of the blogs are there because at some point or another they've addressed issues that are close to my heart, and they addressed them so well I figured I'd go ahead and add them to my list of blogs to read. While not all of the blogs I have listed there post every day on topics that are of interest to me personally, all of them do on a fairly regular basis and I appreciate reading insights from various people on these topics.
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
• Roman 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
• Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
• 1Cor. 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
• 1Cor. 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
• 1Thes. 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
• James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
• 1Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
- It wasn't through being "culturally relevent" (although no one called it that at the time, and being involved in your local community is certainly a good thing to do)
- It wasn't because of them "seeing Jesus in you" (although when the lost see a hope in you that they know they don't have, it does intrigue them)
It also wasn't through "just take that step of faith" because apart from God enabling man to believe through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, not only can man not believe but man has no desire to believe, or persue a fellowship with the Father, through faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross. (See 1Cor.1:18 above, one more time - it is foolishness to those that do not believe)