• Kim tagged me for a really nice sort of meme-thing. I'd like to list my own 5 bloggers but I have too much to do this morning before she comes over. Or... I could just wait and have her do my laundry & clean the downstairs bathroom. I have a feeling she isn't interested though. I'll list my 5 choices later on (Lord willing) but you're going to see some repeat-entries.
• I have RBS. If you have it too, have we got a shirt for you. See them here.
• I read something yesterday that made me so mad I instantly got a headache (that hasn't gone away) and then a very upset stomach. I need to stop reading things that make me mad.
• For the last couple of days it's been really hot here in southern Ontario, right around 90F. Yesterday afternoon brought us a t-storm with lots of rain & wind, and I woke up this morning to a refreshingly cool house. The sky is a little bluer this morning and the grass looks a bit greener. I love it when that happens and it always reminds me of this passage:
"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him." (Lamentations 3:21-25)
I only wish this came to my mind every morning, no matter what.
• I don't advertise it, but I've been trying (for the last 4 years) to get rid of the baby-blubber I packed on when I was carrying Ruth. She'll be 4 next month and it's taken me this long to get here. While carrying the little wisp of a kid, just before she was born I was pushing the scales at nearly 250. For me, that's a lot.
In the last couple of weeks a troubling thing happened. My two favorite pair of shorts no longer fit. One of them I had to take the elastic out of the waist band to replace with less elastic, and the other pair will soon follow. It does feel good to see the weight go, but it doesn't feel so great to have your shorts fit like you're wearing someone else's clothes. In case anyone cared to know, I've lost almost 100 pounds, and I have 10 more to go to get to my goal. I've found eating cheetos is very helpful in this endeavor, lol.
• Did you know blogger now has new toys? It's called Blogger in Draft and you can sign in to the beta version in your dashboard. You can post polls in your sidebar (which I did yesterday and it's gone completely ignored, you horrible non-poll taking readers) and you can embed video clips right from your WYSIWYG post editor. There's another deal about enclosures but I have no idea what that's for, probably something either very cool or very pointless but be sure to check it out. Anything that makes blogging easier and more useful, is a good thing.