Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Goodbye Kelsey

Kelsey SmithIn a better world, updating the case of missing teenager Kelsey Smith you’d read some really good news that they found her safe, and arrested her abductor. Sadly however, we don’t live in that world.

By now I’m sure most of you have already read or heard on the news that Kelsey is no longer with us, and now instead of looking for her, law enforcement is feverishly hunting down the man they know took her. I didn’t update my post here when I first heard the news this afternoon, only because every time I tried, I began to cry. I can only imagine her mama & daddy's broken hearts right now. Her sisters, brother, and friends as well.

I didn’t know this girl, but I didn’t have to know her for God to burden my heart for her and her family. This is where my thoughts and prayers are now, her mom & dad, sisters and brother, boyfriend and friends. We told the kids last night what happened to her on Saturday night, and we prayed for the situation then, but I haven’t yet had the heart to tell them that Kelsey didn’t make it home safely. I’ll have to tell them tomorrow.

Please join me in prayer for the family & friends, and their church family as well. You can also go here and leave a message for the family (they've moved their site to a blogger site).It’s never easy to say goodbye to someone we love, and it’s certainly much worse when they’ve been taken from us in such a violent way.

Pray for their comfort, their peace and their faithfulness to trust the Lord to carry them during this time when they need His mercy and strength the most.