Saturday, June 2, 2007

Good Books & Comfy Chairs: does life get any better?

During the winter, partly because our house is so big, we tend to congregate in the same room when we're spending our evening hours together. We do that because we ration the firewood use for certain times of the day and in the evening we usually don't keep the wood burning past dinner unless it's during those insane minus 40 degree nights.


So while we're all up in the game room with electric heat, and the kids are all tucked away in their beds under multiple comforters, my poor old living room goes unused except to collect kids toys, the random dropped sock, or a surprise goody from that insane beagle Kev brought home last summer.


It's usually this time of year when the weather starts to turn warmer and warmer, that I find myself wanting to spend more time in the living room, and less time in the game room at my pc.


There's nothing like relaxing in the big comfy recliner with my snacks, my coffee, and whichever book I happen to be reading. Properly supplied, I could (and have) sit there until the wee hours of the morning reading.


So that's where I'm headed. Turning off the pc in the evenings for a while, and heading to the living room to finish a MacArthur book, then 2 James White books, then whatever else I might get ahold of before the summer months are over. It's the only way I'm going to find the time to read the books I want to read, so that's where I'll be.


I don't know if that means less blogging, but it certainly might. Maybe it'll just mean better blogging in the morning, as I reflect on what I read the night before. I just thought I'd mention it, in case it does turn into Blogging Lite around here.


So, I'm off with my MacArthur book, my dark chocolate bar & my coffee - to the big comfy chair.