Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Conies!

One of my most favorite childhood memories was going to A&W. Sounds weird, doesn't it? Well, maybe it is but I sure loved going there. You'd place your order through the speaker that looked a lot like the drive-in movie speakers that you'd hook over your window. Then the waitress would roll out of the building on shiney white roller skates, carrying your food tray that you'd hook on your window! How cool is that anyway?

We'd go there on the days that it was Coney Dog day - I think there was some kind of deal like 4 for a dollar or something like that (mom, you'll remember!). I think I had a Coney once or twice, but my MOST favorite was A&W deep fried corn dogs and their to DIE for onion rings. Oh man... I could have lived on those for the rest of my life. The last time I had A&W onion rings they had changed the batter recipe and it was a monumental disappointment. Folks shouldn't tamper with perfection.

Over the years though, I did aquire a taste for Coney dogs but it's been years and years since I've had one. Would ya believe it, over at Hiraeth, Kim has posted a recipe for Coney Dog Sauce! I needed that, and we need those for dinner this week. Kev and the kids have never had a Coney Dog so they're going to love this.


Thanks Kim!