Saturday, May 5, 2007

Firewood, Faeries and Felonious Fallacies?

In my ongoing quest to learn how to wisely pick my battles, I stuffed a proverbial sock in it, and avoided jumping into the fray of a couple of different blogtroversies (if that's not a word, it is now) that started today. Technically, I went outside and busted my back working to get the last of the firewood into the basement so that when the hot weather comes (yes, it does get hot in Ontario) I wont have to be hauling firewood. Go figure what a little hard work will do for you. I ranted and raved and answered strawmen arguments, all in my thoughts. It was brilliant, you should have been there. (*snort).


In any event, I wish to take a moment out to thank my incredibly gifted daughter Caryn, and my brilliant friend Lori - who have both helped me immensely with my revised edition of the faerie story. I rushed Caryn with a deadline to come up with 7 faeries, and she came through fantastically! (I got the illustrations today and have already inserted them into the manuscript). Lori did a superb job with proofreading and editing for me, since I stink at proper grammar, sentence structure, and all that good stuff.


So, the manuscript is done (more or less) and by Monday it should be at the publisher's, Lord willing, and ready to order in time for Mother's Day. Yay! I'm excited about it, as lame as that sounds. You're not supposed to get excited about a faerie story, are you?


Oh well... it was far more productive today to haul wood & play with faeries than to address some of the more extreme broadbrushing I sometimes read about on blogs.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.