Monday, May 21, 2007

And it's a wrap

Well, if there is such a thing as a really really good end to a really good weekend, I had one of those today. We didn't find what we were looking for at the whoop-dee-doo community yard sale, but we did manage to pick up 2 books (Sproul and someone else I forgot), a beautiful twin comforter with tulips on it, and a very cool kitchen spice/towel rack - all for just $8.00. I love yard sales. I'll be having one of my own this summer.

live blogging from my deckOur company arrived right on time and as you can tell from the smiles in this picture, she did not bring her toothpaste tube-eatin'-beagle. Instead, she brought a homemade apple pie, to go along with my homemade caramel coffee cake. Yep, we had caramel apple pie-cake for dessert! We also had a couple of coyotes entertain us in the field while we sat on the deck after dinner - that was pretty nifty. In case you were wondering, YES we talked about you, and you, and probably you too. We also discussed Arminianism, Calvinism, good books, raising kids, Presbyterianism and a whole bunch of other stuff. Essentially, we audio-blogged in person - like people used to do before they blogged. (And if that makes sense, you win a prize).

Today capped off a good weekend, and tomorrow we begin winding down our school year. Only three more weeks and we're done until September. It's really amazing to me how fast the school years seem to fly past. I only wish summer lasted a little longer than it does, that's never long enough.