Sunday, April 29, 2007

An Unusual Sunday

Normally, Sundays here are the best day of the week. After a hectic morning of making sure everyone is up, fed, dressed/showered, brushed, etc., we're out the door by 10:30 for church. It's not the easiest thing in the world to get 4 little kids (and one teenager) rounded up and still remain presentable - but it's what we do and it does get easier the older they get. It's all worth all the hectic moments to be able to sit under great teaching, be blessed by great preaching, and worship with the saints in song. 100% worth it!


Today however, was a different story. Ruth woke up sick, or should I say woke up Kev at 3:30 am, being sick. I never knew a thing about it until morning when she told me. She's been sick all day. :-( Kev had a rough night with her, so by the time he got up at 9 he was looking a bit haggard. He's on a rotating shift at work and tonight he goes back on midnights. The first night of midnights he needs a lot of sleep, so today is all messed up for him anyway, plus he missed sleep last night taking care of Ruth. So today we stayed home from church. For whatever reason only the Lord knows these things seem to happen more on a Sunday than any other day. I'm not happy about it, but there isn't much I can do, except thank the Lord that it wasn't anything worse.


So tonight, I took my kids shopping. It was the easiest shopping trip I've ever been on with 4 kids all under the age of 9. We didn't even have to put our shoes on, drive anywhere or spend any time in changing rooms. And it all took less than 10 minutes.


We went to Reflections, and they each got to pick out their own new t-shirt! Here's what they each chose:


The Empty Tomb MooseLeaf©


Smiley Flower Pink Carnation


I think they did a fine job picking out their own shirts. I enjoyed not having to battle any crowds, the sleezy selections made available in girls tops, and the bad attitude slogans on boys t-shirts at most stores.

I also spent some time today being inspired by my 6 year old son's bedroom:

Demo Expert

... and wishing I were here:

Summer Breeze

(newly redesigned!)

So... that was my day. Not exactly the usual Sunday around here.