Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday Nothingness

If I ran the world, (and be oh so glad that I don't), Saturdays would consist of junkfood, baggy pants and doing a whole lotta nuttin'. By the time Saturday rolls around in my world, I'm ready for a whole lotta nuttin', but it almost never works out that way. Instead, they tend to consist of yard work, grocery shopping, laundry, ironing and all sorts of other day-long tasks that can't be done during the school/work week.

So, instead of Saturday Nothingness, we take full advantage of the Sunday Afternoon Bapti-Nap®. That should be pretty self-explanitory but basically it works out like this:

Go to church Sunday morning, come home and make/eat lunch. Let the dogs/cats/iguanas/llamas/various household pets/ out for a while. Find a pillow, and sleep for 2 hours.

Well, that's tomorrow. Today the sun is shining,the yard is a wind-whipped/kid-messed disaster, and it desperately needs a good cleaning. The sun is shining and it's not supposed to be TOO cold, so it's a day for yard work. For me, I get to brave the battleground aka The Grocery Store, then go pick up daughters #2 and #3 from daughter #1's house. They had "girls night" last night, complete with pizza, corny movies, and caramel chocolate cheesecake.

If #1 daughter knows what's good for her, she saved her mother a piece of that cheesecake. Afterall, since I can't slob around the house in my baggy pants and eat junkfood all day, at the very least I deserve some cheesecake at someone else's house.

Right?