Saturday, April 28, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Overheard in my house yesterday:

Samuel, age 6 to his sister Rachel age 8: "Did you know that if you pray upside down, you're actually praying to... (points downward)... him?"

Rachel: "Samuel, that's retarded"

Samuel: "nuh uh, it's true because your prayers go up, so if you're upside down, your prayers have to go down".

I have several observations about this little exchange:

1. I can only assume my son was referring to Satan, unless he thinks we have someone living in the basement.
2. We do not teach our kids to pray upside down - so I haven't a clue where he got that idea.
3. My daughter's dialog skills (while quite astute) could use a wee bit of polishing.
4. My son's logic skills are almost hard to argue with. Almost.
5. My kids are funny.